Extended Closure of Forest Service Road to Tumalo Falls
City of Bend’s replacement of older water lines requires closure
Beginning tomorrow, 9/26/12, the Deschutes National Forest will close the Forest Service road accessing the Tumalo Falls area until May to allow the City of Bend to begin staging equipment and materials for the construction of a replacement water line for the City’s water system.
Forest Service sites included in this closure are:
- Skyliners Trailhead (intermittent closures)
- Tumalo Falls Day Use Area.
Forest Service trails included in the closure are:
- Farewell Trail (#26)
- South Fork Trail (#25) from the intersection with the Tumalo Creek Trail ( #25.1) to Tumalo Falls Rd (FS RD 4603)
- Bridge Creek Trail (#24) from the intersection with Swampy Lakes Trail( #23) to the North Fork Trail (#24.2)
- North Fork Trail (#24.2) from Tumalo Falls Day Use Area to the Upper Falls Overloo