We are making progress in Crook County, working diligently with land managers and community leaders to lay the groundwork for trails.
- Televised interview with Woody Starr by Kerri Stewart regarding expansion of COTA trails including the Lower 66.
- Check out this article recently featured in the Central Oregonian regarding the possibility of creating a community bike park in Prineville.
- The Bend Bulletin recently wrote two articles on biking in the Ochocos entitled: An Ochoco bike adventure Video: Round Mountain is a remote, rugged trail ride and More Ochoco mountain bike trails possible: Loop system proposed for Lookout Mountain
- We are making progress in the “Lower 66”. This is 66 acres of OR State Park Land adjacent to Prineville and southeast of Highway 126. Most of our community work events for this year are focused on this area of land. This will be two to three miles of easy to moderate Class III – IV natural surface trail to serve Prineville and Crook County residents looking for an introductory trail experience.
- Check out this article in the Central Oregonian on Building the Lower 66